Please supply a Microsoft Word Doc with the file name in this order:
Your Name > Article Title > Month > Year
Font & Size:
14-point Times New Roman with single line spacing.
Approx. word count for your article:
• 1 page = 500 words • 2 pages = 1200 words • 3 pages = 2000 words
• 4 page = 3000 words • 5 pages = 4000 words
Download our Article Template for the correct formatting.
Quotes & Bible Verse Referencing
• Place any quotes and Bible verses between quotation marks “ ”
• Reference the source at the end of the quote/verse in parenthesis ( )
• Place both the quote/verse and source in italics.
“The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.”
(Psalm 23:1-2 ESV)
Citations & References
Use Vancouver Style referencing with brackets [ ] for all citations
Please use this order:
Authors. Article title. Abbreviated Journal title. Publication date. Volume/issue number. Page numbers. Available from: URL.
- Schiraldi GR. Post-traumatic stress disorder sourcebook: a guide to healing, recovery, and growth [Internet]. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2000 [cited 2006 Nov 6]. 446 p. Available from: http://books.mcgrawhill.com/getbook.php?isbn=0071393722&template=#toc DOI: 10.1036/0737302658
TIP: Using a citation manager such as “endnote” can help with adding references
Disclaimer for articles of political interest
Certain articles may require the following disclaimer added verbatim for publication.
The Luke’s Journal editorial team is aware that this article has political implications and that, since publication, legislation may have changed nationally or in your state of residence and practice. Luke’s Journal advises that you contact your State chair if you have any questions or concerns regarding implications for your clinical practice.
GENERAL WRITING TIPS
- Write like you speak. Keep your articles conversational and personal.
- Keep it clear and simple. Avoid “Christianese” or academic jargon.
- Sub-titles are helpful. Bold and italic formatting can highlight words or points.
- Avoid huge blocks of text. Use short paragraphs (1-3 sentences), sub-headings and short quotes to break up the text.
- Visual storytelling is highly effective. Photos, videos and graphs draw interest. Please supply high resolution jpeg files – minimum 500K.
Practice, be creative, and talk to people. We all have different styles, different perspectives, and can learn from one another.
Finally, remember that God has given you this gift to write, so take hold of it and let Him use you!
Download our Article Template and get started, we look forward to reading your article!
Discover more ways to Get Involved!